Monday, November 12, 2007
Pantry Pests
Our pantry is infested with Indian meal moths. Yuck. I think we've thrown out at least $50 worth of food so far. Last weekend we took everything out of the pantry and cleaned it thoroughly, only to discover that these pesky creatures like to spin their cocoons in tight places - like the peg-holes for the shelves in the pantry, or in the inside corner of unopened cardboard containers of food. And, they can bore through plastic. So, we are currently freezing everything that was in our pantry that can be frozen and doesn't obviously have little nasty larvae in it (thankfully, we have Chad's parents giant chest freezer in our garage), and we're cleaning out every little peg-hole in the pantry (probably at least 150). I have so many other things I'd rather be doing with my time.... Hey, at least it doesn't look like they made it to any of the other cabinets we have with food in them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment