Monday, November 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Yes, I actually have been doing menu planning for the past few weeks. I just didn't feel like taking the time to type it up on the blog :). I am having some significant trouble coming up with lunch ideas that are easy, fast and nutritious and don't involve eating leftovers from a previous dinner (since I like to use those for a future dinner). Any ideas??? I also want to incorporate more vegetables into our meals (including lunch), especially mixed into things so Mr. Texture-Picky 2-Year-Old will eat them more often.

Monday
B: leftover steel cut oats, leftover apple crisp
L: out at Hot Lips pizza (why oh why does the tastiest pizza ever have to be almost $4 per slice??)
D: spaghetti squash with Romano and pepper, salad, protein?

Tuesday
B: cereal, milk
L: squash leftovers
D: pan-fried chicken breasts, collard greens, whole wheat couscous

Wednesday
B: oatmeal
L: leftovers
D: with family

Thursday
B: cereal, milk
L/D: Thanksgiving feast! Bringing pecan pie, olive/pickle/vegetable tray

Friday
B: whatever we have in the fridge
L: ??? any ideas?
D: leftovers or Sunday's dinner plan

Saturday
B: cereal, milk
L/D: probably in Seattle

Sunday
B: oatmeal
L: ???
D: curried chickpeas with mustard greens and sweet potato (recipe from a friend, taken from Greens, Glorious Greens), brown basmati rice

No comments: